Thursday, May 14, 2009

Eroge Review (02): Snow Sakura



Overall Score: 8.2/10



Plot Summary:

"My name is Tachibana Yuuji, a regular student with no particular plans for the future - until my parents left for Hawaii on a business trip last fall, leaving me in the care of my uncle in the wintry countryside of Hokkaido.
"Small-town life on Japan's northern island didn't have time to get dull, as from the moment I got there I was reunited with my cousin and childhood friend Saki. She's pretty demanding, but when I'm hanging out with her and her school friends I don't mind; as I get close to them I feel like I'm finding meaning in life that I didn't know I was looking for.

"Legend says there is a flower that blooms here in the depth of winter... as the twilight deepens and a snowflake melts in the palm of my hand, I stand with a beautiful girl by my side. Will we be able to uncover its mystery in this fleeting moment?"

With a captivating story from veteran scriptwriter and novelist Kitagawa Samui and beautiful, subtly erotic art from doujin artist and game illustrator Shikei, G-Collections proudly presents a classic "renai" ("true love") bishoujo game. With the windswept background of the Hokkaido winter countryside as its setting, full of moments of laughter, joy, and tender passion, Snow Sakura is a heartwarming tale of romance.

Story: 8/10

As the plot summary stated this is defiantly a classic “renai” (“true love”) game. It’s in beautiful snowy Hokkaido and you have a few girls to choose from in this snowy town. The story in this game is actually pretty decent and follows the normal eroge pattern of the main character finding out he likes the girl that you have been going for and then later finding a problem that arises during the relationship and trying to break through that problem and stay together. I have to say this game was really satisfactory and every ending was just and done well. Each character route is lengthy I assure you that and the ending just left that I feel empty impression on me after finishing it.

Graphics: 8/10

The graphics I cannot complain about at all. Each character you can tell were done well and even the background CG’s could be seen that it was well done. Shikei did a excellent job in drawing everything I believe and I can’t complain at all.

Music: 8/10

The music ah defiantly fit well in each setting. The OP and ED aren’t extremely catchy but there not so bad to the point of where you just sit there wanting to skip it. They are definitely listenable and you should take the time to listen once in a while. But the BGM’s were excellent I liked them and the music fit well like I said in each scene.

System: 9/10

Ok for the system we got CG gallery, Hscene recollection, music player, fast skipping, auto text, voice options, text speed, and easy menu access. We got 50 save slots and quick save and quick load, which I believe is good maybe a bit more, would have been better. This game had everything what more is there to ask for?

Ero: 8/10

Well this games ero was I think pretty good considering the fact that every girl you end up doing is a virgin. I actually liked that aspect of this game to think that every girl you do was a virgin kind of made me happy. Anyway each scene was normal I believe maybe just one oral scene and that was about it… Everything else was just regular sex so if you have a fetish maybe this game isn’t for you!

Overall: 8.2/10

Ok this game is defiantly a romance eroge and I recommend it to anyone who is a romance fan (Like me) Anyway that being said this game was really good and I liked almost every aspect of it. This game won’t be a waste of time I can guarantee that and its extremely happy atmosphere until you get to the troubling parts of the arcs but even after that it’s nice. This game isn’t for people who are just into ecchi stuff, fetishes, or the romance hating types. I liked this game a lot and most likely if you’re a romantic you to will like this.



0 comments: